How did people socializing on social media?

Positive vibes only isn't a thing, people have wide range of emotions and that's okay.

I don’t know if someone would read this but just ignore me. I make this blog just as a place where I can pour my heart out because my negative thoughts was just idk too negative hahhaahah. This is the first entry and there might be more that coming but I wanna mention here that this blog might bring negative energy to you so read by your own consent.

As an ambivert (if not mistaken I am) sometimes I do feel like I wanted to socialize with people but sometimes I also needs some space for myself. Before covid when I still in my pre-university study, I get meet people in class, interact with them, study together, went out to get some foods etc. Its really refreshing but towards evening when my social battery started to drains out and I started to feel like I need me time so I went back to my room and you know do some self-care stuffs. 

Sometimes I meet my friends (since we are in different class) and then started to talk about a lot of things, pour our heart out when telling our stories, it just amazing and that’s basically how I live my life in college but at home it’s a little different. But since covid hits, we lost our beautiful life as a student. I know it’s not hundred percent beautiful but you get that satisfaction in socializing with people. It brings colors in your life though.

Now the only thing we have is social media. All of those face-to-face interactions was substituted with social apps and a screen. All of it was virtual. It was good at first because you can explore new things but it couldn’t give what you get from non-virtual interactions.

As for me who thinks that social was just meant to be a self-satisfaction platform. You know for example like Instagram where you get some good pictures and post it just you wanna post it. Then you have Twitter where you dump every thought that lingers in your head and if that relates to anyone, they gonna like it or retweet your tweet. I don’t know if it just me who got a very boring social media. Like how actually people interact on those platforms.

If you are famous and people follow you maybe because adore you and your followers are chatty so you might can socializing with them like for example when you uploaded a story asking questions or maybe doing a poll so people will reply to that and you gonna have that interactions and engagement. But me who only have followers just from my schoolmate or maybe some random business account it was very lame you know. You wanna ask opinion and hoping there will be someone who willing to take time and give opinion. That just impossible. Even your friends to be exact close friends wasn’t responding too. Disclaimer they did respond too. To be honest, I don’t wanna to be the one who always start the conversation and I don’t know what’s wrong with my luck that I always got the wrong timing when asking questions or opinions. It's good to have someone who randomly ask about our day or maybe me who needs to be that someone to someone else? 

Okay now I'm confused.

I really miss the time in college or in school where we can interact with people face to face. This covid sucks I don’t even know my classmates in university. I know their face and some of them the names but more than that nope. Or is it just my problem that I’m not good in socializing? I guess so. Whoever read this might think I’m crazy but trust me I am crazy lmao. I don’t know what hit me but I just feel like I’m losing friends when I’m growing up. Sometimes I do feel like I wanna interact with people but I just don’t have someone to talk with or maybe it just because I don’t know how to interact with people online.

That’s all some of the contents of my heart.  Thanks for reading (if you read)



Comments